Practical Guidelines for Secure Internet Use
Pantelakis Securities S.A. is never going to enquire about your personal TradeDirect passwords in any way. These passwords are personal and you should never disclose them to anyone.
For your own safety you should follow the instructions below:
- Use the TradeDirect service only via the official Pantelakis Securities S.A. website and never via links on other sites, search engines or e-mails.
- Make sure you use safe websites to store your personal information. Such web addresses should start with https instead of http.
- Choose usernames, passwords and secret answers that differ from those you use for social media platforms or e-mail accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Gmail etc.). Avoid easily predictable passwords such as birth dates.
- Protect your computer by installing the latest updates for your operating system and web browser (e.g. Windows, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome).
- Additionally you can enhance your security by installing Antivirus, Anti-Spyware and Firewall programs.
- Do not answer e-mails or follow links, which appear to be sent from Pantelakis Securities S.A. and ask for personal details, bank account numbers or your TradeDirect passwords. Ensure that your personal data is handled safely.
- Log in and out of our TradeDirect service following the appropriate procedure. Especially when logging out, you should click on “Log Out” instead of just closing the application window.
- Perform regular scans for viruses and Spyware on your computer by using the latest and most updated versions of the antivirus program you use.
Do not respond if you notice a difference from the usual procedure of connecting to TradeDirect. Such differences could be unusual messages that ask for you to wait or to re-enter your password. It is probable that a virus or other malware has infected your computer. In such cases you should contact TradeDirect immediately.
- Avoid using computers in public places (e.g. Internet Cafes, airports etc.). The theft of your passwords through physical or electronic means is more likely to happen in environment you cannot completely control.
- In regard to the TradeDirect service, you should make sure that you receive e-mails only from the following addresses:
- Delete all temporary Internet files from your web browser regularly.
- Use Anti-Spyware programs to discover Spyware that is likely to have infected your computer when:
– The homepage on your browser has changed without you performing such an action.
– Your computer is considerably slower in responding to your commands in either text editing or web browsing.